Hurricane Harvey Response
Hurricane Harvey has affected thousands of people in Southeastern Texas. As disciples of Jesus, we are called to help those in spiritual and physical need. Many of you have asked how you can help. Here are three ways to help:
- Pray that God would cause the storm to dissipate and not cause more damage.
- Safety for first-responders and aid workers.
- Elderly, young, and other ill people who are too sick or infirm to move themselves.
- Those who have/will experience loss of life or injury to loved ones.
- Those who have/will experience property damage.
- Our President, Governor, and other government officials as they assist and lead cleanup efforts.
- That God will use this event to show His grace and lead unbelievers to Him.
- That people of America will set aside their differences and come together to help those who are and will continue to be suffering in the days and weeks to come.
- For insurance workers and others who will come to help rebuild that they will do their jobs honorably and not seek ways to defraud others.
- For opportunities to give or go.
- Volunteer with Samaritan’s Purse. If interested in joining this relief effort, contact Jennifer Daehling. A team from Fannin will probably be leaving in the next couple of weeks.
- Volunteer with the Southern Baptists of Texas Convention. SBTC predicts that response teams will continue to work over the next 8 – 12 weeks.